Thanks to everyone that tuned in for Season 3 Episode 2 last Sunday! Getting rained out was a bit of a challenge, but it made for an authentic drum lesson/rehearsal👍 😊 . Appreciate everyone’s patience while we fired back up!
To catch the replay and check out the free lesson PDF, visit:
Thanks so much, Jarrett! I wish I had been hip enough to bypass looking up “what does GOAT mean,” but thanks to you, now I am, and thanks again for the kind words!
1. Start slow, make sure you’re using correct repetitions and mechanics
2. Scaffold up by gradually increasing the tempo with a metronome, make mechanics and relaxation continue
3. Build strength and endurance with drills like “30 sec roll” or “60 sec roll” and see if you can breathe and stay relaxed while doing so
If you’re looking for more info, explanation, and exercises, check this out: http://bit.ly/2r8eDUP
Thanks for popping in, Justyn, hope you’re doing great!
Welcome to Sunday Sessions, and thanks so much for the kind words, Gilbert! 🙏 #SundayWithHuei
Great strategy, absolutely! Every complicated rudiment can be broken down into its fundamental mechanics. Check each hand independently so you can hear what’s right and what needs work!
1. Often their back 3 fingers are wrapped around the stick, so have them actually stick them out so you can see them.
2. Model for them what they should try to make themselves look and sound like and prompt them to compare 7 contrast what they’re doing differently.
3. Keep drawing their ears and eyes to the things that they should be noticing, what’s working and what’s not.
Yo, word. 👊 #215